Monday, September 23, 2013

Congratulations, your book “Poems & Poetry: Our Story” is live in the Kindle Store

Congratulations, your book “Poems & Poetry: Our Story” is live in the Kindle Store

Book Description
Publication Date: April 28, 2012
“Take the blinders from your vision
take the padding from your ears
and confess you’ve heard me crying
and admit you’ve seen my tears.”
― Maya Angelou
With this singular look at poetry, I follow the advice of Maya Angelou, a poet who has roots in Arkansas as deep, if not deeper, than I do. I have attempted to understand what a poet feels, by “removing my blinders”, and writing poetry. I have “heard my inner thoughts”, “crying out”, to be understood, not misinterpreted.
Few poets would wish to be perfectly understood, and I am content that though this be my wish, I would rather fail, and let you have the joy of having a conversation about what my poetic reflection might possibly mean in this book
This book is dedicated to my family, in the USA and in Chile, and their families, and their families yet to be.
On countless occasions I’ve said to them: “One day I will write our story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment