Monday, September 23, 2013

#Poems & #Poetry: Our #Story (#Paperback)

Poems & Poetry: Our Story (Paperback edition)

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
With our roots deep in Arkansas, Maya and I share a Southern heritage. That is where the similarity between us begins, and ends. As Maya points out (to me), both beauty and poetry rarely are viewed with a developmental lens, but rather, as a “finished” product.
I am, however, along with my “Poems & Poetry“, a work in progress, and I present my current poetical thought from this perspective, namely, my best work is yet to come…
This book is dedicated to my family, USA & Chilean, and their families, and their families yet to be. On countless occasions I’ve said to them: “One day I will write our story.” This time it is I who again make the promise, “One day, I will write our story”. Like all writers, I have no clue if the promise will ever be kept, yet I must admit, I enjoy writing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment